The American Legion Auxiliary’s mission to serve veterans, the military and their families is carried out through its hundreds of outreach programs delivered by its members, volunteers and national headquarters.
The American Legion Auxiliary is responsible for programs including, but not limited to: ALA Girls State, ALA Girls Nation, Poppy, educational scholarships and is a national co-sponsor of the National Veterans Creative Arts Festival. The American Legion Auxiliary provides volunteer assistance at Department of Veterans Affairs VA hospitals and clinics.
You can join the Auxiliary if you are:
- The mother, grandmother, wife, sister, daughter, granddaughter, great-graddaughter, or grandmother of a current member of The American Legion.
- A female member of The American Legion. (Yes, female veterans can join under their own term of service without belonging to The American Legion, or they can be a member of both if they choose!)
- Eligibility also applies to step-relatives
- The mother, wife, sister, daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, or grandmother of a deceased veteran who served during any of the conflicts listed on AL page (click here for dates)
- A female veteran who served during any of the conflicts listed on AL page (click here for dates)